Sunday 18 October 2009

A close shave

So the fun us men have with our daily stubble.

Being a neanderthal alpha male - I have never really given shaving "THAT" much attention, but generally stuck to what works. Found out at an early age that regular shaving tended to rip me up - so put this down to sensitive skin and went down that route. Also getting going in the morning not wanting to spend ages getting sorted - simple, quick and on to the job in hand.

So for many, many, many - did I say many years ! I have been using the Phillips / Norelco Coolskin electric razor technology, found pure dry shaving would bring me out in a rash - probably due to the sensitivity issue. Ive actually been through at least three of the Phillips / Norelco units. One of the mega pluses of the units is that I can use it in the shower and hit two birds with one stone. The lubricating gel that the units use bring the whole experience VERY close to a wet shave with a lot of convenience.

But whats this - there's a raging battle on in the razor world - visiting my local super market - I spy the Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium with a spare blade for a few squid - Ill give wet shaving another go and see if it works for me these days. What a great experience - safety wires, 4 blades, contour blade. Time marches on and the blades need replacing - just under a fiver for four new blades - OUCH - but whats this another promotion - this time for King Of Shaves AZOR razor including 3 spare blades for less than the price of the replacement blades for the Quattro - gotta be worth a punt.

O dear - didn't enjoy the experience at all - wait there's details inside that say if I'm not happy to drop King Of Shaves a note - nothing to loose.

So the King of Shaves product line - I have always seen them as a little expensive with respect to the stores own brand for products and never seen any offers that would make me stray - aware that they drove the market with OIL based stubble lubricants - but due to cost I couldn't see how a tiny jar of oil could replace my cheap mega can of spray gel from my supermarket.

How wrong I could be !

Wait I'm getting e-mail's from King Of Shaves - a companies customer service is actually responding to me in a positive manner - if you saw the response I had from a high street retailer with respect to a letter I wrote to them about there 25 year anniversary campaign and how as regular customers we had lost out big time - you'd understand, please note I'm not a professional moaner, but feel that companies need to hear the voice of the customer and I am happy to stick my head above the fox hole where others dare not.

Back to this stories arc, King Of Shave agreed to provide a refund for the dissatisfaction I had encountered with their product - but I offered that rather than a refund they could take the opportunity to provide me with replacement product.

I received a replacement package from King Of Shave, as well as the offer to try the SENSITIVE version of the AZOR when it was in stock. In the package was the little jar of wondrous oil and it lasts an incredible 60 shaves and although Ive not got to 60 yet - its definitely working excellently and you use an incredibly small amount.

I read the literature that came with the products and there educating briefing on the importance of - PRIME - SHAVE - PROTECT - before for me it used to be a quick "scrape" and dash - after the experience with King of Shaves products, its a gentler PRIME - SHAVE - PROTECT - neanderthal man is evolving !

So the SENSITIVE AZOR with BENDOLOGY arrived - well it works - its a great shave - the moral to the story is that if I had picked this up off the shelves first - I would not have experienced stellar customer service from King of Shaves - a thing that some large organisations have lost and take there paying customers for granted - but as important - my daily shaving regime has progressed from a harsh scrape and dash to a facial workout and protection regime.

Thanks guys for a whole new experience - the activity did actually remind me of watching the new version of Reggie Perrin earlier in this year !

No comments:

Post a Comment